With the ever-increasing demand for transparency, organisations are now expected to report on the financial and non-financial performance of their operations. As outlined in King III, it is recommended that companies contribute to sustainable economic development, and that they provide integrated sustainability reports to all key stakeholders, including investors, employees, clients, suppliers and society at large.
Sustainability reporting encompasses accountability and engagement, which allows companies to measure, report and improve the way they make decisions and take action. Reporting includes both positive and negative aspects of the company's sustainability performance, allowing for objective evaluation and recommendations for corrective action. Regular sustainability reporting makes a company a good corporate citizen and many fund managers now use these reports when making investment decisions.
VACO's approach is based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the worldwide standard for sustainability reporting, as outlined in the AA1000 AccountAbility Principles Standard (APS).
Benefits of sustainability reporting:
- Allows the company to adopt a proactive rather than a reactive approach
- Ensures the company engages all its stakeholders
- Establishes and sets performance indicators
- Builds trust and enhances reputation
- Increases the company's competitiveness
- Improves corporate governance and risk management
- Helps the company to plan for the future
Our Sustainability Services include:
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators
- Company Specific Gap Analysis
- GRI and Accountability Compliance
- Master Database Cleansing
- Assurance Preparation Services
- Development of Internal Management Reporting Systems and Processes